donderdag 7 juni 2012

Quotes of Amy Winehouse



My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they’re going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, I just spend drinking.



I'm a musician. 
I'm not someone
who's trying to be diplomatic, 
you know, trying to get my 15 minutes.
I'm just a musician who is honest.



I don't ever want to do anything mediocre. I hear the music in the charts and I don't mean to be rude, but those people have no soul. Learning from music is like eating a meal ... you have to pace yourself. You can't take everything from it all at once. I want to be different, definitely. I'm not a one trick pony. I'm at least a five-trick pony.



I'm not religious at all. I think faith is something that gives you strength. I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don't think that there's a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though. There are so many rude people around and they're the people that don't have any real friends. And relationships with people - with your mom, your nan, your dog ... are what you get the most happiness in life from. Apart from shoes and bags.



I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing.
I was put here to be a wife and a mum
and look after my family. I love what I do,
but it's not where it begins and ends.



As an artist the key things you have to do
is prove yourself in a live scene, 
prove yourself in a writing scene,
and prove yourself doing covers.
They're as important as each other.



I was expecting it to be cynical because 
I'm like that myself. I wouldn't want it 
to be all roses because life isn't like that.


I only write about stuff that’s happened to me ... 
stuff I can’t get past personally.
Luckily, I'm quite self-destructive.



I don't suffer fools gladly. I'm not here to make friends. I've learnt that the hard way - I used to not say things like "I really want to hold a guitar in my video", because I was trying to make everyone like me. But I don't give a shit now. At the end of the day I'm there to do my job,
I'm not there to have picnics.



It's not important to me
to make other people at ease.
I am difficult, but that's because
I don’t really give a fuck.



“I don’t need help because
if I can’t help myself 
I can’t be helped.”

Amy Winehouse
Southgate, 14 september 1983
Camden, 23 juli 2011

2 opmerkingen:

  1. De citaten van beroemde mensen zijn er enkel omdat ze van de beroemde mensen zijn.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ha, A van de Aa, dat heb ik ook al menig keer gedacht. niettemin vind ik dat AW hier een paar rake dingen zegt, en naar mijn gevoel ook eerlijk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Laat een reactie achter